The Swiss watchmaker Rolex is so famous, as well as one of the most copied brands in the world. When it comes to fake, Rolex are pieces that can mimic well. For that reason, you have to have an eagle eye so as not to be fooled with Rolex counterfeits (นาฬิกา rolex ก๊อป which is the term in Thai) watches.
Rolexes have a high resale value and are more common than other luxury watch brands. Generally, these watches are bought by people with little experience in the market, so it may be worthwhile for a scammer to invest in a good counterfeit.
Amazingly, there are more fake Rolex produced around the world than the originals. However, the good news is that the vast majority of fakes are not perfectly manufactured and can be detected quickly if you know which watch you are looking for.
How To Detect Fake Rolex
- You should know the Rolex you are looking to buy. Knowing its characteristics will certainly help you detect the inconsistencies of a fake watch
- Weight is a peculiar feature in fake watches. In the imitations, they use another type of material that tends to be lighter to reduce the price. So if the watch is very light, it may be an imitation
- The price of an original Rolex watch is expensive. If someone offers you such a low mega offer to be true, it is most likely a fake Rolex
- The second hand of an original Rolex watch should have an almost fluid movement. If the second-hand moves markedly, it is probably a cheap quartz movement
- The Rolex goes through rigorous quality control in terms of details and craftsmanship. So any slight change in spelling, crooked letters, misaligned date indicator, among others, are warning signs of fake Rolex watches