It’s that time of the year when you are excitedly waiting for the sight of fresh blooms and the whiff of the fresh scent in the air. But wait, are you dreading the onset of spring as you have yet to complete your spring cleaning? There is no need to worry. In this article, Handy helps you prepare for the spring cleaning of your house. Just follow the tips listed below:
Tips & Tricks
- Create a schedule for cleaning – In order to set in the mood, you need to mark your calendar for spring cleaning and stick to it. You can keep two to three days and also fix the number of hours to be spent on each day. Always remind yourself that it would be wonderful to get into spring with a fresh, clean, and welcoming home.
- Make a list of items required – When you are all set with the date to start cleaning your home, it’s time to think about what gets moved where and the things you need to purchase. Decide how you want to proceed and where you want to start. Invest in some fresh rubber gloves, cleaning agents, and many trash bags. Take note of things that require fixing. Buy some grease to apply on the door hinges and drain clog remover for the smooth flow. It is also time to change your lightbulbs and give your house an energetic and bright feel.
- Start with decluttering – Just a couple of days before you start spring cleaning, take the time to remove the things that are no longer required. Start with one room at a go. Set aside your old clothes, unused pens, expired food, broken utensils, and such similar items away in a corner. Segregate them into recycling and non-recycling bags and dispose of them accordingly. In this way, you are decluttering your home in an environmentally friendly way.
- On the Spring-Cleaning day – When the day finally comes when you have to do the spring cleaning, it is very important to follow a correct pattern. You need to start with the places which are seldom cleaned as they will emit the most dust and have the most dirt. Ceiling fans, the top of your refrigerator, TV stand, light fixtures are just to name a few. Follow it with the cleaning of cabinets and refrigerator, not forgetting to clean the underneath and around the coils.
As your house was closed for the entire winter, it is likely that the walls have gathered grime. Wash or wipe away the sides, keeping in mind that your paint can withstand. Wipe all your furniture with a damp cloth. Clean the carpets with a carpet cleaner. You can also arrange for the cleaning of sofas or curtains, especially if you have pets.
- Vacuuming and mopping – When you have finished with all the above, you might be surprised to notice the amount of dirt that is lying around. This is now the perfect time to vacuum and mop your place. You may also have to vacuum along your stairway or walkway for a complete clean-up.
Handy feels that your house would be sparkling clean after this spring cleaning if you can follow all the tips listed above. It is tiresome and time-consuming but well worth the effort.